Leasing Commercial Real Estate
More Than an Internet Search
Leasing commercial real estate is very different from leasing residential. One main difference is that it’s not easy to find commercial spaces on the Internet; they’re not commonly listed on a single site. Thus it is very important to have an experienced commercial real estate team assist in your search for future space. Our Streett Hopkins team has experience in both owning and leasing commercial property, and we’re ready to guide you through the entire leasing process.
How We’ll Help
- Our subscriptions to many different listing services enable us to find just the right space for your business needs.
- We have an in-depth knowledge of what is available on the market. We also have good working relationships with other local brokers.
- We understand the nuances of commercial real estate leases, which are not standard.
- We’ll advise you to consider important factors when leasing commercial real estate, such as:
- Price per square foot (usually quoted per year)
- Type of lease
- Length of lease
- Renewal options
- Rent increases
- Space buildout
- Sub leases
- Security deposits
This Commercial Leasing Glossary (PDF, 22 pages) defines many of the different terms commonly used in commercial real estate.
Please feel free to contact us to discuss your commercial real estate leasing needs. We will be glad to meet with you and help you find the right space for your company to lease.